Sunday, April 18, 2010

PSALM 5

To Him that presides upon Nechiloth, a Psalm of David.
1. Give ear to my words, O JEHOVAH; consider my moaning.
2. Hearken to the voice of my cry, my KING and my GOD: for to you will I pray.
3. O JEHOVAH, in the morning you shall hear my voice; in the morning I will set myself in order for you, and will watch.
4. For you are not a GOD that delight in wickedness; the evil man shall not dwell with you.
5. The proud shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all the workers of iniquity
6. You will destroy them that speak a lie: a man of bloods and of deceit JEHOVAH abominates.
7. But as for me, in the multitude of your mercy will I come to your house; I will bow myself towards the temple of your holiness in your fear.
8. O JEHOVAH, lead me in your justice, because of my foes: make your way straight before my face.
9. For there is nothing right in their mouth: their inward part is perdition: their throat is an open sepulchre: with their tongue they speak smoothly.
10. Make them guilty, O GOD: let them fall from their counsels; by reason of the multitude of their transgressions cast them out: for they have rebelled against you.
11. And let them that put their trust in you rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because you will protect them: and let them exult in you that love your name.
12. For you, O JEHOVAH, will bless the just one; with favour, as with a shield, will you encompass him.