Saturday, May 1, 2010

PSALM 6

To Him that presides on Neginoth, on the Sheminith, a Psalm of David.
1. O JEHOVAH, rebuke me not in your anger, correct me not in your wrath.
2. Be gracious to me, O JEHOVAH, for I am feeble; heal me, O JEHOVAH, for my bones tremble.
3. My soul, also, is disturbed exceedingly. But you, O JEHOVAH, how long?
4. Return, O JEHOVAH, deliver my soul: save me for your mercy's sake.
5. For in death there is no commemorating of you; in hell who shall celebrate your praise?
6. I am weary with my groaning: all the night do I make my bed to swim; with my tears do I soak my couch.
7. Mine eye wastes away through vexation; it is sunk because of all mine enemies.
8. Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity; for JEHOVAH has heard the voice of my weeping.
9. JEHOVAH has heard my prayer; JEHOVAH will accept my supplication.
10. All mine enemies shall be ashamed and disturbed exceedingly: they shall return, they shall be put to shame suddenly.