Thursday, June 3, 2010

PSALM 7

An Elegy of David, which he sung to Jehovah, on account of Cush the Benjamite.
1. O JEHOVAH, my GOD, in you have I trusted: save me from all my persecutors, and deliver me;
2. Lest as a lion they rend my soul, tearing it in pieces; and there be none to deliver.
3. O JEHOVAH, my GOD, if I have done this; if there be perverseness in my hands;
4. If I have requited evil to him who was at peace with me, or have stripped even mine adversary empty;
5. Let the enemy pursue my soul and overtake it; let him tread down my life to the earth, and lay my glory in the dust. Selah.
6. Arise, O JEHOVAH, in your anger; raise yourself up against the fury of mine enemies; and awake for me, you who have commanded judgement:
7. And let the congregation of the peoples encompass you; and above them return you on high.
8. JEHOVAH shall judge the peoples: judge me, O JEHOVAH, according to my justice, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
9. O let the evil of the wicked fail, but establish him that is just; for you who tries the hearts and reins are a just GOD.
10. My shield is with GOD, who saves the upright in heart.
11. GOD is a just judge, and GOD is indignant every day.
12. If the wicked turn not, he sharpens his sword, he bends his bow, and makes it ready;
13. And he prepares for him the instruments of death; he makes him burning arrows.
14. Behold, he conceives iniquity, and is big with mischief, and brings forth a lie.
15. He digs a pit, and hollows it out; and he falls into the hole which he has made.
16. His mischief shall return upon his own head, and upon his own crown shall his violence descend.
17. I will praise JEHOVAH according to his justice, and I will hymn the name of JEHOVAH the Most High.