Friday, September 3, 2010

PSALM 9

To him that presides upon Muth-Labben, a Psalm of David.
1. I will praise JEHOVAH with my whole heart; I will recount all your wonderful works.
2. I will rejoice and exult in you; I will hymn your name, O Most High
3. Because mine enemies are turned backwards; they stumbled and perished at your presence.
4. For you have executed my judgement and my cause; you sat on the throne dispensing justice.
5. You have rebuked the nations, you have destroyed the wicked; their name have you blotted out for ever and ever.
6. The enemy are come to an end, a perpetual desolation; and the cities have you overthrown; the very memory of them has perished.
7. But JEHOVAH shall sit for ever; he has established his throne for judgement:
8. He will judge the world in justice; he will pass sentence on the peoples in equity.
9. JEHOVAH, also, will be a tower of refuge for the weak, a tower of refuge for times of distress.
10. And they that know your name will trust in you; for you have not forsaken them that seek you, O JEHOVAH.
11. Sing to JEHOVAH, that dwells in Zion; declare amongst the peoples the things which he brings to pass.
12. For he searches out deeds of blood: he remembers them: he forgets not the cry of the miserable.
13. Have mercy on me, O JEHOVAH; look at my misery from them that hate me, O you that liftest me up from the gates of death:
14. That I may recount all your praises in the gates of the daughter of Zion, - may exult in your salvation.
15. The nations are sunk in the pit which they made; in the net which they hid is their own foot caught.
16. JEHOVAH is made known: he has executed judgement: in the work of his own hands is the wicked ensnared, Higgaion. Selah.
17. The wicked are turned back into hell; all the nations that forget GOD.
18. For not always shall the needy be forgotten; the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever more.
19. Arise, JEHOVAH; let not man prevail; let the nations be judged at your presence.
20. Inspire them, O JEHOVAH, with fear: let the nations know themselves to be but men. Selah.