Monday, March 1, 2010

PSALM 4

To Him that presides on Neginoth, a Psalm of David.
1. In my cry, answer me, O GOD of my justice: in my straitness set me at large: have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.
2. O you sons of man, how long shall my glory be to you shame? How long will you love vanity, will you seek a lie? Selah?
3. Know you that JEHOVAH has set apart him that is godly for himself: JEHOVAH will hear when I cry to him.
4. Tremble you, and sin not: commune with your own heart on your bed, and be still. Selah.
5. Sacrifice the sacrifices of justice, and put your trust in JEHOVAH.
6. Many are they who say. Who will show us good? Lift you up the light of your faces upon us, O JEHOVAH.
7. You have put joy in my heart, more than at the time when their corn and new wine are multiplied.
8. In peace I lie down and sleep together: for you, O JEHOVAH, alone make me dwell secure.