Monday, March 1, 2010

PSALM 3

A Psalm of David, when he fled from the face of Absalom his son.
1. JEHOVAH, how are mine enemies multiplied! Many are they that rise up against me;
2. Many that say of my soul. There is no help for him in GOD. Selah.
3. But you, O JEHOVAH, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter up of my head.
4. With my voice will I call on JEHOVAH; and he will hear me from the mountain of his holiness. Selah.
5. I will lie down and sleep; I will awake; because JEHOVAH sustains me.
6. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of the people, who set themselves round about against me.
7. Arise, O JEHOVAH; save me, O my GOD; for you have smitten all mine adversaries on the jaw bone; you have broken the teeth of the ungodly.
8. Salvation belongs to JEHOVAH; your blessing is upon your people. Selah.