Tuesday, February 23, 2010

PSALM 2

1. Why are the nations tumultuously assembled, and why do the peoples meditate a vain thing?
2. The kings of the earth have set themselves together, and the rulers have consulted together, against JEHOVAH, and against his ANOINTED.
3. We will burst to pieces their bonds, and cast away from us their cords.
4. He that sits in the heavens shall laugh; the LORD [ADONAI] shall have them in derision.
5. Then shall he speak to them in his anger, and in his wrath shall he terrify them.
6. Yet have I anointed my king upon Zion, the mountain of my holiness.
7. I will proclaim the decree: JEHOVAH has said to me. You are my son; today have I begotten you.
8. Ask of me, and I will give the nations for your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for your possession.
9. You shall bruise them with a rod of iron, as a potter's vessel shall you break them in pieces.
10. Be intelligent now, O you kings; be instructed, O you judges of the earth.
11. Serve JEHOVAH with fear, and exult with trembling.
12. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way; for his anger will shortly kindle. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.